Hey Hey! It's her birthday!!
Today she's sixteen.
I told her that she can get her license whenever she feels ready to take on the parallel parking part of the driving test.
She had a soccer game yesterday, and I have to admit that I was less than enthusiastic when I looked outside to see the pouring rain. It continued to pour the entire 75 minute drive there and through most of warm ups.
But then it cleared. And the girls were ON. The other team played all 11 players and had at least four subs.
We played with ten girls, and won: 4 to 2.
There were a few of those yellow cards being passed about on both sides, but nobody got red carded.
Monday is our busy day with robotics, two karate classes and Wendy's soccer practice so chances are I would have picked up something via the Dunkin Donuts drive thru on the way home after 8pm tonight and called it good.
But grandma lives here now. She called yesterday and asked if she could please bake a cake. Could she??
This week, the 7th week of school, will sail much like the other ones but with a couple things tossed in for variety
- Wendy's birthday
- karate x 4
- Mark gets to be principal for a half day
- robotics x 2
- swimming lessons for Mark
- A visit to the tile shop to discuss my options for the half bath
- The Headless Horsemen 5K
- Wendy has a home game
- Mark gets a new belt in karate (I still have to review the schedule to see if he can make the ceremony)
- My mom and I got tickets for the Michigan Tech vs U of M hockey game Friday night.
- add to all that, we have no fifth graders at school for two days due to 5th grade camp and no 3rd graders for one day thanks to a field trip.
It's a good week