Today I had a hope.
Today I had hoped to get out kayaking. It seemed promising.
After church, I got changed and then asked Wendy if she'd like to go kayaking with me.
She said no. She was tired.
Greg would have gone with me, but I have a real hard time taking him away from the little boys when he travels so much. That was made harder by the fact that Mark had mentioned this morning that he didn't care what we did today, he just wanted to spend time with dad.
And we have kayaks for the boys, but lets just say - family kayaking wasn't what I had in mind for the day.
Resigned to kayaking solo - I packed my waterproof bag, donned my water shoes and headed out to the garage to ask Greg to get my paddle for me. His garage is, shall we say, treacherous. I was more than happy to load the kayak if he'd just get my paddle.
Before I could get the words out of my mouth, he said, "We should go for a hike today"
And so we did.
I'll load a kayak into one of the vans and try to get into the water this week between a work shift and the after dinner rush. It'll happen. I'll make it happen.
But gosh - it's going to be another busy week
- Robotics club - two nights - Brian
- Karate - two nights - Brian and Mark
- Dentist - me - but I'm going to BEG for a late afternoon sub job so I can postpone. Although nitrous sounds nice about now.
- Subbing a four hour shift vacancy - me - all week
- Scheduled gym times - one night for me, and another afternoon for Wendy
- Bible Class - hopefully me and at least one kid
- Yoga - hoped for, but doubtful when looking at everything else going on (If you're tallying, you can see I'm running out of nights)
- Belt test - both boys on Saturday
- 5K - Wendy and I - also on Saturday (this is where I have my fingers crossed and pray that Greg will be home one more weekend)
- PTO Meeting - me. Oh - duh, this is the same night I had hoped to get to yoga. Oh well, one less thing on my list....
- Library volunteering - one afternoon - Wendy
- Wendy's 15th birthday - Saturday. We'll spend it running away from zombies
- and I'm tossing the idea around of heading up to Big Rapids this weekend to watch hockey - Michigan Tech vs. Ferris - with the bonus of being able to see the oldest and some out of town rellies for a bit
- And there's talk of some measuring going on upstairs to put in a master bath where there isn't one.
And then there's all the other stuff I should do. The big one being that I have to lock down the homework and chore schedule, turn down the computer time, and add in the new spelling program I purchased to get my non-speller a better handle on spelling. I hope. It comes with a guarantee, so it should be smooth sailing, right? Right???
Who am I kidding.
all photos taken with my phone because while I remembered my camera on our hike, I forgot that I had plugged my battery into the charger in the kitchen.