Looking back at the month of July, I didn't take a ton of pictures of the daily stuff - but there are still a few that I haven't shared. The last day of the month seems like a good one for a consolidation post.
Above - Wendy had fallen in love with all the fun and unique backdrops around Calumet, so we ended up doing her ninth grade photo. She just has to pick one now. It won't be the one above. I love that we got this done. It felt like an unexpected bonus.
She finished the book portion of drivers ed yesterday, and passed her test. She's leaving now to go to her second driving time and after that we'll run up and get her permit. egad.
I feel like I haven't done a lot of visiting this summer, but I did get a bonus visit in with my friend Marne during the Dollar Bay Fourth of July parade. Wendy was here, but opted out of this photo.
A visit to gran's apartment after we felt like Mark's virus had cleared out.
And then back at home....
The boys had a karate belt picnic/ceremony to attend. It was a beautiful evening for it.
Brian joined karate one year before Mark, so is a few belts ahead of him.
And then there was our visit to the Michigan State Capitol:
The same day as our visit to the Michigan Historical Museum:
And a whole lot of reading.
Brian is working his way through the remainder of the Harry Potter series. He's on book four.
His favorite reading spot:
Tonight we're going to a friend's house for a cook-out.
This afternoon I'm heading out to Lansing to pick up our race packets.
As for August? It's going to a fun-filled one:
- Tomorrow morning - bright and early - Allan, Wendy and I are doing the Insane Inflatable 5K
- Monday, I'm taking three kids and a niece up to Boyne for four nights. Greg and Allan will stay home.
- I will be zip-lining, as promised.
- I signed up for another challenge at the gym (I won the first challenge, came in an extremely close second (I blame the two weeks of steroids for missing first place) in the second challenge and last night I began the third challenge.
- Wendy will complete her class drive times
- one more dentist appointment and a sports physical appointment
- a dinner date with my sync buddy
- My sister's boys will be in town for a couple weeks
- apparently a garage sale - one day only
- Melon Fest - I got recruited to volunteer again. I'm just that good.
- The Melon Run - another 5K
- 9th grade orientation
- Allan turns 20
- Michigan Adventures
- And delivering the college kid back to Ferris in time for the first day of classes on August 31.
It's going to be a fun month.
I'm really loving this summer.